Sunday, July 4, 2010

How to Prepare for an Art Exhibition

The opening of the exhibition at Brose Haus took place on July 3rd, on a day scorching heat in Berlin (36 ° Celsius) and at a time when Germany was playing Uruguay in the quarter-finals of the 2010 World Cup.

As I am waiting for the whirlwind of the opening night to settle down, I thought it useful to reflect on the preparation for this exhibition and what it has taught me.


 

The exhibition at Brose Haus has re-affirmed a few things I’ve known from some of my previous exhibitions:
 
1. Sleep is overrated.
The five weeks leading up to the opening night seemed to vaporize into thin air – so many things to arrange, so many friends to call, so many e-mails to write…
2. An exhibition also happens due to the good will of friends and family who pitch in to help out…my heartfelt thanks to my friends who supported me through this event!
3. Taking time out from the hustle bustle of the maddening logistics 
for a quick still life drawing helps calm nerves…


No comments:

Post a Comment